05 April, 2017

Why Are You Saying 'yes' When You Mean 'No'?

Paul Coelho puts it well, “When you say yes to others, make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.“ And that is what I have been prone to doing for the longest time imaginable! Every once in a while, I find, there is a ‘yes’ on my lips, when actually there's a ‘no’ in my heart. As a result, I end up kicking and cursing myself for not being strong enough to say what I actually feel. But something actor Kalki Koechlin said, shows me a way out of this uncomfortable situation. “Saying ‘no’ every once in a while” says the actor “acts like a detox. Let the world not take you for granted.” 

Detoxed! Yesssss, that's it, that is exactly how I'd feel after I steel myself and actually say the 'n' word!  

Bye bye remorse, bye, bye curses. 

Hello 'feel good', hello 'feel strong'!


No comments:

Pause. Think. Go.

Flash back It was several years ago that I met him on a Bombay Walk - the ones where they take you around to see and learn about the colonia...