28 June, 2016

Being Authentic is a Choice

Lionel Messi announced his retirement from international football yesterday after Argentina lost again in the Copa America final. Often the lightning rod for criticism. He has been questioned about not singing his country's national anthem. “I get annoyed by the people who attack you without thinking“ he said, “I won't sing the anthem on purpose. I don't need to sing it to feel it. It reaches me. Every person feels it in their own way.”

INSIGHT
Is it brave, or is it foolish, to choose be authentic to yourself when emotionally charged situations demand a certain form of expression of behaviour?

No comments:

Pause. Think. Go.

Flash back It was several years ago that I met him on a Bombay Walk - the ones where they take you around to see and learn about the colonia...