10 November, 2015

From Material to Sentimental Value

Jean-Marc Lacave, President and Regional Managing director,  Moet Hennessy Asia-Pacific, was  asked what is his most prized position. His reply,  “I am starting to think I need less and less. But my watch is sentimental to me. It's not worth too much,  it was given to me by my father when I was 18.”

#MyLearning
Aging after a life of craving and acquiring things, realisation dawns  that all our indulgent acquisitions are less valuable than say, the solitaire earrings bought with your first paycheck, the pair of sunglasses left to you by your granddad or the shawls passed on to you by your mom and grandma.

No comments:

Pause. Think. Go.

Flash back It was several years ago that I met him on a Bombay Walk - the ones where they take you around to see and learn about the colonia...